Northern Kentucky's most award-winning restaurant and a Fort Mitchell landmark. The uniquely attractive Greyhound Tavern has just the right combination of delicious food, competitive prices, and prompt friendly service.
The Greyhound Tavern (originally the Dixie Tea Room) was built in 1921. The two original rooms are still occupied today and are referred to as the "Tavern Room" and the "Hunt Room." Johnny Hauer was the first owner and operated the Dixie Tea Room as an ice cream parlor, and sold other notions of various assortments. The Dixie Tea Room was conveniently located at the "End of the Line" where streetcars completed their journey south, make the big turn, and headed back to Cincinnati.
2500 Dixie Hwy Fort Mitchell, Kentucky |