The Villa Del Sol
"It was the pride and joy of the community - and it was owned by citizens who purchased shares in the Fullerton Community Hotel Company, headed by Charles C. Chapman.
Groundbreaking was held January 22nd, 1922 for the California Hotel, at which time corporation board member S.C. Hartranft noted that Fullerton, ""already has the finest water system, the finest churches, the best schools, elegant paved streets, a lighting system unequaled anywhere, and civic organizations we are proud of....now we are going to have the finest hotel in the state! A triumph unparalleled.""
The building, located at the northwest corner of Wilshire and Harbor, was dedicated on January 15th, 1923. Designed by local architects Frank Benchley and Eugene Durfee,