Fodd and Beverage Details
FOOD AND CATERING
• There are no cooking facilities on the premises.
• Outdoor barbecuing/cooking is permitted in the rear courtyard if arranged at the time of booking.
• Propane burners are not allowed inside the facility. Only electric warmers and sternos are allowed.
• All trash or recycling must be put in garbage bags, tied at the top and put into the trash or recycling dumpsters located next to the Carrillo Ballroom adjacent to the Carrillo St. Gym. Garbage bags are provided by the facility.
• Do not adjust the thermostat on the refrigerator.
• Self-catering is allowed for events accommodating up to 200 guests, however, your security deposit may be increased and cleaning fees will increase to provide an on-site custodian at the event if professional catering staff is not on-site to manage food service including trash removal.
• Self-catering is not allowed for events accommodating over 200 guests.
BEVERAGES AND ALCOHOL
• All alcohol is allowed for approved permitted events at the Carrillo Recreation Center.
• If alcohol is sold, a permit from the Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) board must be obtained and displayed during the event.
• An ABC permit is also required if alcohol is included with the price of admission or if alcohol is purchased from a caterer or bartending service. Please call ABC at (805) 289-0100 for more information.
• Alcohol is not allowed at events meant for young people between the ages of 13 - 20 years of age.
• Keg beer is allowed, but kegs must be transported with a dolly, so they do not touch the brick, wood, carpet or linoleum surfaces. Kegs must be placed in tubs and tubs must sit on bar mats.
• Renter must provide bucket containers for chilling and storing alcohol and other beverages. Do not use the kitchen trash cans for this purpose. Bucket containers must sit on bar mats and not directly on carpet, linoleum or wood.
• Clean ice and clean cold water can be placed in the planter beds at the end of the event. Dirty ice, and beverages need to be disposed of in the sewer (kitchen sink or toilets can be used).
• We offer recycling at this facility. The renter is responsible for taking bottles, cans and other recyclables to the blue recycling dumpster located behind the Carrillo Ballroom adjacent to the Carrillo St. Gym. All cardboard boxes must be broken down (collapsed) before placing them in the recycle bin.