In 1956, Ralph P. Marble bought 400-acres of land on Nantucket's southern shore with the intention of raising cows for dairy production. This area of the island was once inhabited by the Wampanoag tribes, who called it "Miacomet" or "The Meeting Place." Thankfully Mr. Marble saw the potential in the landscape and four years later, he began to build Miacomet Golf Course.
Sale and Expansion
In the mid-1980's, Ralph Marble sold his land to the Nantucket Island Land Bank with the hope of preserving this special piece of Nantucket beauty.
In 2003, Miacomet was expanded to 18 holes by architect Howard Maurer, making Miacomet Golf Course the island's only 18-Hole public facility. The original 9 holes were completely renovated during the winter of 2008 and the results have been fantastic and award winning.
Miacomet Golf Course continues to serve both the year-round and seasonal communities of Nantucket as a practice, golf, and meeting facility. With a fully functional putting green and driving range, both experienced golfers and beginners alike can perfect their game before hitting the links. The course is complete with four tee options, challenging holes, and scenic island views. The restaurant and beverage cart provide patrons with delicious food, cold drinks and great company.