DTLA Skyline Loft (6000 Sq Ft, max 250 seated, 400 standing)
*Quick note: This studio is available for booking every day 8am to 10pm. Additional hours may be allowed depending on nature of event. Overtime is charged at 1.5x the rate. No loud music allowed. The pictured furniture is included with your booking. Please inquire for full set of rules, fees and FAQ.*
$250 per hour (up to 100 people)
$300 per hour (up to 200 people)
$400 per hour (up to 300 people)
Booking minimum of 5 hours. Business hours 8AM-10PM. Hours after 10pm are charged at 1.5x the rate. No loud parties with club level like music, LAPD enforces the noise ordinance law.
Video tour: https://youtu.be/JxvsVg8beiI
This DTLA large white studio is best seen in person to give the view and space justice! Located on the sixth floor of a commercial building in the Downtown Los Angeles FASHION DISTRICT, the space features a stunning 6,000 sq. ft open floor plan with high ceilings, 8ft tall windows around, polished concrete floors, multi-zone air conditioners and heaters, and an abundance of natural mid-day and sunset light entering from the East, North and South facing windows. The entire studio is painted white for extra brightness, clean look and feel. Included in your booking are 300+ white foldable chairs and a speaker PA system (speaker/microphone/stands/podium). A speaker stage is available for a small additional charge (16" high, 4ft wide, customizable from 4 to 16 ft in length). Maximum capacity is 300 seated banquet style, 400 theater style or 400 standing.
We have had movie showings, dinners, launch parties, weddings, birthdays, art exhibits, conferences, expos, seminars, classes, panel speakers, etc.
We encourage you to come check out the space before your desired booking date so ensure it is suitable for your needs. Just send us a quick message with your event description and we'll respond within hours!
VENUE AMENITIES AND INCLUDED PERKS:
*Tons of Natural Light
*Sixth floor in a commercial building
*Air conditioners (72,000 BTU) and heaters
*Dimmable LED lightning
*8ft tall windows (facing North, South, and East)
*White concrete and dry walls
*Freight elevator (6x7x7, see rules for hours of operation)
*Loading dock + ramp + multiple commercial street parking spots
*Ultra fast wifi internet (100/20mbps; 1080p livestream capable)
*120v, single-phase, 100A electrical panel, 3 prong outlets
*208/230v, single-phase, 20A, portable AC outlet (1 outlet)
*300+ white chairs
*Speaker/mic PA system
*Pictured Furniture (golden chaise, sofas, specialty chairs, tables, LED candles, etc)
*Viewsonic 1080p Projector (Inputs HDMI, USB, Mini USB, VGA, Google Chromecast) + 100" Projector Screen (additional $200 fee)
*Speaker stage, IntelliStage 4'x4', four linkable squares (additional $300 fee)
*Parking lots available nearby (additional fee)
Discount available for full-time students, 501c3 non-profits, ex-military and veterans. Proof required, discount not valid on Saturdays.
***PLEASE READ: STUDIO RULES AND FAQ*** By booking this studio, you are agreeing to comply with all of the rules listed below. Failure to obey may result in forfeiture of the security/damage deposit.
1. IMPORTANT Booked hours must include load-in/load-out, set up, and tear-down or 1.5x overtime fees will apply in 30 minute increments. There is no free overtime.
2. MESSAGES Please include the following in your initial message.
*Brief summary of your event
*Total number of guests + staff
*Desires date(s) and hours
*Any other special needs or questions
3. SCOUTING/VISITS One (1) initial scout/visit may be arranged prior to booking. Additional scouts/visits may be arranged once a booking is approved. All scouts/visits are subject to availability (usually early morning or late afternoon) and are subject to re-scheduling.
4. BOOKED HOURS Posted rates apply to regular business hours which are Monday – Sunday 8am to 10pm. Production overtime is available from 10pm to 8am at 1.5x the hourly rate. Hours are calculated when the first person arrives and last person leaves. No refunds for any unused time. Booking minimum 3 hours for productions or 5 hours for events/off-sites.
5. SECURITY DAMAGE DEPOSIT Depending on the size of your production/event and equipment we may require a refundable security damage deposit due at least 14 calendar days prior to the production or event. Deposits begin at $1000.
6. OVERTIME FEE (IMPORTANT) Additional time is be billed at 1.5x the hourly rate, billed in 30 minute increments. Crew/talent/guests, and equipment must be out of the studio by the end of your booked hours to avoid overtime charges. Charges will be deducted from your security damage deposit or billed.
7. RESCHEDULING AND CANCELLATIONS. Please inquire.
8. PARKING The preferred parking lot is a block away and can hold over 300 cars parking spaces. Parking is not included with your booking and it is a separate fee. Parking lot is independently operated and we are not responsible for any theft or damage. Several other parking lots exist across the studio, street meters, and yellow commercial loading zones at the building’s entrance. Productions should obtain a FilmLA permit to park the grip trucks on the street as most rooftop parking lots cannot accommodate trucks.
9. FREIGHT ELEVATOR (IMPORTANT) Per property management, all equipment must be loaded-in and loaded-out via the freight elevator. Freight is prohibited in the passenger elevators. Freight elevator is shared among all tenants, it is on a first come first served basis, its use cannot be reserved during the standard hours of operation, requires a staff member and only operates Monday – Friday 8am to 5:30pm and Saturday 8am to 12pm (standard hours of operation). All other hours must be arranged in advance at $35/hour, 3 hours minimum per shift. Access to the freight elevator outside of the standard hours of operation is not guaranteed, subject to property management approval and staff availability.
10. LOAD-IN / LOAD-OUT (IMPORTANT) Please see the freight elevator note above. The freight elevator is accessible via the alley located on the right/west side of the building and vehicles/trucks usually park in alley by the freight elevator entrance. Vehicles should be moved after unloading/loading to avoid parking tickets.
11. PERMITS It is the renter’s responsibility to be in compliance with all the applicable city and state permits. Productions should obtain a permit via FilmLA.
12. PROHIBITED (IMPORTANT) The following items are prohibited: Feathers, glitter, confetti, sand, wedding rice, flour, paint, aerosol spray cans, fireworks, weapons, small particle items that are difficult to clean, non-water based fog machines, dance strobe lights, and other items deemed unacceptable by the venue managers (when in doubt, please ask). An additional extensive clean up fee starting at $1000 will be charged for violations to restore the studio and for downtime. Drilling holes into the walls, ceiling and doors is prohibited (no screws, hooks or anchors); only 3M command strips (double-sided tape) is allowed on the walls and must be fully removed. No duct tape, only gaffers or painters tape. Rooftop access it prohibited without prior approval (additional fee applies).
13. ALCOHOL AND CATERING Only complimentary (open bar) cocktails, wine, champagne and beer are allowed and must be consumer inside the studio. Possession or consumption in public spaces or outside is prohibited.. Hard liquor and other mixed drinks require a licensed and insured bartender. Alcohol and food sales are prohibited. You may provide your own bartender and choose your own catering company or we can refer you to great vendors. No cooking is allowed inside the premises; food chaffing fuel ok.
14. MUSIC Only background music is allowed until 10pm (i.e. lounge level, not club level). No disco strobe lights or disco balls. Venue managers reserve the right to ask the renter or DJ to lower the volume to an acceptable level.
15. SMOKING AND ILLEGAL DRUGS Smoking, vaping, non-prescription drugs are prohibited inside the studio and inside the building including common areas, staircases, and balcony. LAPD/LAFD fines will be charged to the renter. Failure to comply may result in immediate eviction with no refund.
16. RENTAL EQUIPMENT / PARTY RENTALS All rental equipment (including party rentals such as tables, chairs, etc.) must be delivered and picked up within the booked hours. Delivery and pick-up outside of the booked hours may be arranged in advance with a $100 fee per occurrence per vendor. All rentals must be removed immediately post the event or disassembly labor and storage fees will apply.
17. MINORS Nobody under the age of 21 is allowed in the studio without prior authorization for safety reasons. Children will be allowed with adult supervision.
18. ANIMALS/PETS All animals/pets are prohibited with the exception of service animals with valid permits.
19. FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM Please DO NOT hang or tape or cover the fire pipes or sprinklers. The pipes are constantly pressurized and thus may leak if the pipes are damaged. Full restoration damage charges and/or a minimum fine of $500 per occurrence will be charged for failure to comply. LAFD fines will be charged to the renter.
20. FIRE ESCAPE LADDER AND BALCONY LAFD regulations prohibit the use of the fire escape ladder and balcony for non-emergencies matters. Non-emergency access is strictly prohibited (no photography, filming, or smoking). LAFD/LAPD fines will be charged to the renter.
21. SECURITY CAMERAS Please do not touch, cover or unplug the security cameras. Footage is strictly confidential and recorded 24/7.
22. PROPERTY AND FURNITURE DAMAGES Renter is responsible for leaving the space in the same condition as prior to commencement. A walk-through inspection will be conducted before and after all bookings and the renter or assigned representative must be present. Reasonable damage charges will be deducted from your security damage deposit.
23. MISCELLANEOUS FEES (IF APPLICABLE)
-Unorganized, stained, removed curtains $20/curtain
-Lost or damaged AC remote control $75
-Failure to return furniture and props to original locations $100
24. SECURITY GUARD FEE (IF APPLICABLE) Depending on size of your production/event or if alcohol is present, we may require you to have security guard(s), typically 1 guard per 50 people. You may provide your own security team or we can provide in-house guard(s) at $35/hr with advance notice. Last minute requests for security guard(s) are billed at $52.50/hr.
25. CLEAN-UP FEE The basic clean up fee is $50 for productions or $300 for events. Renters are required to do a quick clean-up which includes sweeping the floor, wiping the chairs/tables/appliances, hanging back the curtains/sheers, folding the tables/chairs, and taking the trash bags to the dumpster located in the loading dock area. If extensive clean-up is required, a significantly higher fee will apply.
High impact and high electricity consumption productions/events will carry additional charges.