As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, to administer your use of our offering (together, the "Service") and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
Personally Identifiable Information.
- If you choose to create a Listing or make a booking, you must register via the Site to create an Account. When you (i) register with us through the Site to become a Venue Owner or Member, (ii) choose to add information to your profile webpage or (iii) create a Listing, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, company name (if applicable), phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and Venue postal addresses, as applicable. We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries.
- You may register to use the Services directly via the Site or by logging into your account with certain third party social media or social networking services ("SNS") (including, but not limited to, Facebook) via the Site, as described herein. If you decide to register through an SNS, we will extract the Personal Information you have provided to the SNS (such as your "real" name, email address and other information you make publicly available via the SNS) from the account you have with the applicable SNS and use that information to create your Account. The specific information that we extract may depend on the privacy settings you have with the SNS. You hereby consent to our access to and collection of such personal information about you.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration, creation of Listings and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own) and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Eventup Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Eventup newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Emailing Via an Eventup Account
As part of the Services, Members and Venue Owners may communicate with each other through the use of their Accounts. Where a Member or Venue Owner has selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from Eventup to those email addresses on their behalf.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Eventup. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your Account login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Members and Venue Owners. If you create a Listing, Eventup Users will see the content of your Listing and your contact information. You can choose what Personal Information you provide as part of your Listing. We recommend that you guard your sensitive information. As a Member, if you request a Venue Visit, request a Venue Booking Fee quote or make a booking via the Services, we may share your name, phone number and email address with the applicable Venue Owner in order to fulfill your request or booking, as applicable.
Bookings. If you make a booking of a Venue via the Services, we will share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, your name and email address, as well as other information about your booking, (e.g. the number of attendees, the type of event) with the applicable Venue Owner so that such Venue Owner can coordinate the booking with you.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, payment processing, web analytics and improvement of the Site's features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Service are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Eventup Partners. We may also provide Personal Information to our business partners or other trusted entities for the purpose of providing you with information on goods or services we believe will be of interest to you. You can, at any time, opt out of receiving such communications.
SNS. Members and Venue Owners may link their Accounts with certain SNS. In these instances, with your permission and on your behalf, we will share information about your activities on the Site and Service, which may include your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, information contained in any Listings, with the applicable SNS. Through use of such services' APIs, as stated above, we also receive certain information (which may include your Personal Information) in accordance with the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, if any. Other than what we may share with the SNS in connection with your linking of accounts, the personal information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service. Other services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other services you use.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Eventup cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Eventup or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Business Transfers. Eventup may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members and Venue Owners may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Eventup is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We are not in the business of providing information security. We do employ limited data security measures, such as encryption, on some but not all systems. Do not provide your personal information if you are concerned with its disclosure.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites, online services or applications (each a "Third Party Service"), e.g.:
â¢ Your Account may be linked to an SNS;
â¢ There may be advertisements served to you within the Site; or
â¢ You may be brought to the website of our third party payment processors.
If you click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website or online service. The fact that we link to a Third Party Service is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over Third Party Services. Such Third Party Services may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and online services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other Third Party Services you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Service is not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Notification of Copyright Infringement:
Eventup, Inc. ("Eventup") respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same.
It is Eventup's policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Eventup will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Eventup website or other online network accessible through a mobile device or other type of device (collectively, the "Sites") that are reported to Eventup's Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Sites by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Eventup's Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, Eventup will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Sites.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice")
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site(s) where such material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Eventup's Designated Copyright Agent:
c/o 600 West Chicago Ave, Suite 775 Chicago, IL 60654